In 2012, the Global Brands Team at SABMiller started the process of centralising the development and distribution of their point of sale materials (POSM) with an aim to:
- Develop a range of POSM that’s relevant to consumers and shoppers worldwide, bringing the global brand vision to life.
- Create premium brand consistency globally and build brand equity in the key touchpoints in on and off premise environments.
- Increase the efficiencies throughout a centralised and optimised supply chain to enable local markets to benefit from economies of scale.
- Increase visibility over POSM spend on all global brands.
- Maintain global brands quality standards to conform to Corporate Social Responsibility and ensure strict quality controls.
The Solution: Working with Geneus
To help SABMiller achieve simplified processes, volume consolidation and global visibility over their marketing spend, we were tasked with enabling marketing teams, procurement teams and suppliers to work together in one central platform.
Here’s what Geneus unlocked:
- Volume consolidation. Helping grow the brands sales in developing markets by accessing premium point of sale materials, ultimately driving top and bottom line growth.
- Process simplification. Geneus delivered one single point of management with a single invoicing and fully audited process that complies with sourcing principles.
- Brand consistency. Achieved across all marketing materials in every country through an approved supply chain.
- Maximised cost savings. SABMiller were able to achieve higher volume break points through volume aggregation, they could also avoid duplicate development and production costs.
- Reduction of risk. By introducing an approved network and removing non-compliance of alternatively sourced materials.
- Improved speed to market. Meaning high demand items reach consumers faster.
Over 2 years, SABMiller achieved:
- Complete global visibility over marketing spend.
- 20% cost savings compared to previous years.
- Global volume aggregation savings of over 23% per event.
- Efficiency savings estimated at 15-20% within local markets.
- Risk management with zero quality assurance issues and QA testing fully visible across the business; and through ensuring responsible sourcing practices aligned with the code of conduct to serve the global community.