Having worked with ProProcure for a number of years we were confident that they could configure their technology to create an online environment that allowed our strategic objectives to be met. The end result is a process that is fast, transparent and widely adopted.
Point of sale material (POSM) and value added packaging (VAP) accounts for a large proportion of indirect spend within Pernod Ricard. This meant that it was crucial for the global business to:
- Optimise marketing collateral investment.
- Accurately forecast global demand to achieve lower production costs and avoid over-ordering time-sensitive marketing collateral
- Improve the quality and consistency of POS materials in local markets.
- Improve visibility over this complex category of spend via integrations with enterprise software including JD Edwards and Salesforce.
- Simplify the marketing procurement process for its local operating companies.
- Increase collaboration across the Group’s brands and achieve a higher return on investment.
The Solution: Working with Geneus
We use the ProProcure platform to manage approved marketing collateral for the various Pernod Ricard brands and the purchasing of these materials from our preferred supplier network. We also co-ordinate regional procurement using the in-built order aggregation tools and can measure our cost savings in real time.
In order to create a fully integrated and automated process Pernod Ricard needed to utilise the full technical capability of Geneus. The ability to bring in expertise from across the business and supply chain has helped form a co-operative environment to create the best solution aligned to the Pernod Ricard Group business objectives.
- A fully integrated process. Integrations pass through product development and demand forecast data from an internal digital asset management system to Geneus which acts as a full transactional eCommerce catalogue solution. This has given brands the ability to buy stock from approved suppliers to aggregate demand and achieve best price from global volume levels.
- Integration with brand warehouses. Multiple integrations with warehouse management systems, including DHL, to show available stock for markets to purchase and support local campaigns.
- Automation of the PO generation process with requisition data that flows through to the markets P2P or ERP solution, giving full visibility of spend and rich data for reporting, ROI calculation, and supplier network KPI ratings.
The ProProcure team working with Pernod Ricard have integrated with our business and take a very proactive approach to supporting us.
Over the last 10 years Geneus has extended to cover 11 brand companies, spanning 90 countries. Pernod Ricard now enjoy a full end to end automation, bringing together the complete lifecycle of POSM and VAP management.
With Geneus, Pernod Ricard have achieved:
- Consolidation and refinement of all brand marketing procurement supporting global and local initiatives.
- Cost saving of 22%.
- Higher quality marketing materials that are consistent with brand guidelines.
- Group wide reduction of indirect spend.
- Creation of a new supply chain and communications model.
- Adoption across the organisation.